Children in Wales jointly co-ordinates and facilitates this Network with the School of Education, Swansea University.
The aims of the CREY Network are:
- To bridge the gap between practice, policy and research
- To improve accessibility of research, policy and practical experiences by providing a forum for practice, policy and academic communities to meet and work together
- To develop a forum through which future research activity, that is collaborative and cross-sector in nature may be generated That members learn about children’s rights and are able to deliver a stronger advocacy for the rights of young children across their areas of work
- To exchange knowledge between professionals who share interests in the rights of young children, making sure that the knowledge shared identifies best practice and pertinent issues
- To support the development of an evidence-base to better understand young children’s rights in Wales and includes the views of young children
Any professional with an interest in children’s rights may become a member. Membership is for as long as the member is interested. All members will be asked to write a brief ‘Pen portrait’ to be shared online.
To reduce the size of meetings, most meetings will be themed so members can attend those meetings which they deem relevant.
For further information, please contact either Anna Westall (Policy Officer), e-mail: email@example.com or Jacky Tyrie, email: firstname.lastname@example.org