Young Carers Workers’ Network
The Young Carers Workers Network works to influence public policy and scrutinise legislation in Wales in the interests of young carers. It also shares information, new developments and good practice. It was established in 2005, as a result of the Carers Review Strategy work that was being undertaken at that time. The network also facilitates consultation with young carers, work which is supported by Welsh Government funding, and enables the voices of young carers to be heard by policy makers. Part of this work is to ensure that the young carers are able to discuss their issues and concerns with the Deputy Minister for Social Services on an annual basis.
The Network works by:
- Liaising with politicians and officers of the National Assembly for Wales and the Welsh Government to raise awareness of the specific needs and issues relevant to young carers.
- Working with the Welsh Government on the development and implementation of policy relating to young carers though membership of working groups and by responding to consultations.
- Influencing and monitoring the implementation of policies and other initiatives
- Disseminating relevant research and information.
- Identifying areas of common concern and agreement on the best ways of taking action.
- Promoting and supporting inter-agency cooperation and collaboration
- Working collaboratively in areas of mutual interest at a national level
- Developing mechanisms for consultation and participation with other groups and networks
- Effectively engaging with young carers on specific issues, to enable them to present their views and opinions.
The network meets three times a year, usually in Broneirion in Llandinham. The network is also currently developing sub groups to look at:
Membership is open to anyone working with or for young carers and young adult carers in Wales.
For more information about this network please contact Lynne Hill, Policy Director, tel: 029 203424034, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
04.04.12 Young Carers poster, 29/03/12 [W]
There are no upcoming training events relating to this subject.
There are no upcoming events relating to this subject.