The Link 3 group support officers from the third sector who work are involved in the in planning services for children and young people. The group’s aim is to enable officers from the third sector to the opportunity to improve knowledge, offer mutual support and understanding and discuss issues in order to enhance their work within children and young people’s partnerships. The network also aims to provide officers with a national perspective, opportunities for joint lobbying, and promote the benefits of Wales wide coordination. The group’s objectives are:
- To disseminate research, information and best practice.
- To discuss the implications of implementing national policies relating to children and young people.
- To identify areas of common concern and to agree on the best ways of taking action, locally and nationally.
- To promote and support network members cooperation and collaboration.
- To work collaboratively in areas of mutual interest
- To develop mechanisms for consultation and participation with other groups and networks.
- To promote the strength and role of the Voluntary Sector officers and work towards recognition and sustainability.
- To unite our expertise and thinking for the benefit of voluntary sector organisations working with children and young people.
- To create an agenda for debate to influence central government, local government, and other practitioners, organisations and providers.
The group is made up of key members identified by each County Voluntary Council, and other members of County Voluntary Councils may also be asked to attend. The meetings are facilitated by Children in Wales and chaired by a nominated member of the group. The agenda includes guest speakers invited to inform, advice or consult with the group.
For more information about this network please contact Sarah Thomas, Development Officer, Tel: 029 20342434, e-mail: email@example.com.
21.12.16 Third sector survey, 21/12/16 [W]
05.12.16 Inquiry into Lobbying, 05/12/16 [W]
There are no upcoming training events relating to this subject.
There are no upcoming events relating to this subject.
There are no resources relating to this subject.