All Wales Child Protection Procedures Review Group
The All Wales Child Protection Procedures are an essential part of safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. The common standards they provide guide and inform child protection practice in each of the Local and Regional Safeguarding Children Boards across Wales. They outline the framework for determining how individual child protection referrals, actions and plans are made and carried out. They are based on the principle that the protection of children from harm is the responsibility of all individuals and agencies working with children and families, and with adults who may pose a risk to children. Partnership working and communication between agencies is identified as key in order to identify vulnerable children and to help keep them safe from harm and abuse.
The All-Wales Child Protection Procedures were originally written in 2002, and substantially revised in 2008. They are kept up-to-date by the All-Wales Child Protection Review Group (AWCPPRG) which Children in Wales provide secretariat functions for. The group has a mandate and representation from all of Wales’ Local and regional Safeguarding Children Boards and partner agencies. The group also produces supplementary protocols and practice guides, on an All-Wales basis and provide a platform for sharing good practice across Wales.
More information is available from Sean O’Neill, Policy Director at Children in Wales, Tel: 029 2034 2434, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of your Local Safeguarding Board are available here: http://www.childreninwales.org.uk/in-your-area/
REVIEW OF ALL-WALES PROCEDURES FOR REPORTING ADULTS AND CHILDREN AT RISK
Please see letter from Welsh Government concerning the current process for the review of the All Wales Child Protection Procedures
All Wales Procedures and Protocols
- All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2008: All-Wales-Child-Protection-Procedures-2008
- A Guide to Changes and Additions to the All Wales Child Protection Procedures 2002: A-Guide-to-Changes-and-Additions-to-the-All-Wales-Child-Protection-Procedures-2002
All Wales Protocols
In addition to the main All Wales Child Protection Procedures a number of additional procedures and protocols have been produced giving advice about procedures to be undertaken in specific circumstances. These include protocols issued at an all-Wales level and regional Child Protection Forum protocols. Protocols that have been produced on an All-Wales basis can be downloaded using the links below.
- All Wales Guidance Flowchart: All-Wales-Guidance-Flowchart-FM-final-eng
- Process for developing and delivering protocols and procedures: Process-for-developing-and-delivering-protocols-and-procedures
- Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children who are at Risk of Abuse through Sexual Exploitation: CSE-Protocol
- Female Genital Mutilation: Female-Genital-Mutilation
- Procedural Response to Unexpected Deaths in Childhood: Procedural-Response-to-Unexpected-Deaths-in-Childhood
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Affected by Domestic Abuse: Domestic-Abuse-Protocol-Final-27-04-11-Pdf
- Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children and Young People All Wales Practice Guidance: Safeguarding-and-Promoting-the-Welfare-of-Unaccompanied-Asylum-Seeking-Children-and-Young-People-All-Wales-Practice-Guidance
- All Wales Practice Guidance for Safeguarding Children Who May Have Been Trafficked: All-Wales-Practice-Guidance-for-Safeguarding-Children-Who-May-Have-Been-Trafficked
- The management of young people engaged in sexually harmful behaviour: The-management-of-young-people-engaged-in-sexually-harmful-behaviour1
- All Wales Protocol Missing Children: All-Wales-Protocol-Missing-Children
- The Protection of Children and Young People at risk or experiencing harm through the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT): FINAL ICT Child Protection Protocol July 2015