The Looked After Children Health Exchange
This forum was established in 2005 to support policy development with respect to the health of looked after children. Members of the group share practice, experience and knowledge with the overarching aim of promoting and enhancing the health of children looked after by local authorities and those leaving care. The Group is coordinated and managed by Children in Wales. The Terms of Reference of the group are:
- To facilitate information exchange across sectors in particular between health, social care and the non-statutory sector.
- To coordinate and review on an all-Wales basis, relevant current policy and practice as it impacts on the health of children looked after and those leaving care
- To seek opportunities for collective lobbying and/or shared campaign work
- To make links with other relevant all-Wales networks
- To provide an opportunity to share information, experiences, knowledge and ideas.
Membership of the group consists of professionals and representatives from organisations and/or interest groups with clear responsibilities for promoting the health of children looked after and those leaving care. Each member of the group is expected to be able to contribute to the development of the Exchange and work in the Welsh context. Representation includes:
- British Association for Adoption and Fostering Medical Group
- Looked After Children Cymru Specialist Nurses Forum
- Care Leavers Network
- Association of Directors of Social Services
- Welsh Local Government Association
- Children in Wales
- Public Health Wales – Safeguarding
- All Wales Named Nurses Group
- Safeguarding Children’s Clinical Network
- Local Health Boards
- Voices from Care
- Fostering Network
- Children’s Third Sector organisations – Action for Children, NSPCC and NYAS Cymru
For more information about the Looked after Children Health Exchange, please contact: Sean O’Neill, Policy Director, tel: 029 20342434, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
18.07.16 Reading in Foster Families
There are no upcoming training events relating to this subject.