The Parenting Coordinator’s Network
This network gives those who have a strategic and coordinating role for parenting in their local authority a chance to meet up to share experiences and concerns and to explore strategies and approaches. It was established in 2007 and facilitates links between colleagues in different authorities in order to share resources, good practice and training opportunities. The objectives of the forum are to:
- Promote the principles of positive parenting and the values and principles of working with parents, as outlined in the National Occupational Standards for Work with Parents
- Focus on outcomes, identifying the learning from discussions in the meetings and potential impacts
- Share information about the latest research, practice developments and training opportunities both during meeting through the invitation of guests and speakers and between meetings
- Identify particular activities or a broad work plan to provide a focus for discussion in the meetings
- Keep abreast of new developments and new initiatives
- Value the contribution of each member of the group by providing a mutually respectful environment for the exchange of ideas and opinions and value the work of others in the field of parenting
- Ensure that communication between members of the group is facilitated between meetings where appropriate and that group members take the power from empowerment provided by the group.
The group meets four times a year. The meeting are held either in Llandrindod Wells or Cardiff by prior agreement of the group.
Membership of this group is closed, and available only to those who have the lead for parenting support and/or have a strategic or coordinating role within their local authority.
For more information about the Parenting Coordinators Network please contact: Geraldine Murphy, Development Officer Family Support, Early Years and Childcare, tel: 029 2034 2434, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13.02.17 Parenting conference, 13/02/17 [W]
14.12.16 Homelessness, 14/12/16 [W]
There are no upcoming events relating to this subject.
24.11.15 Healthy relationships leaflet
20.11.14 Kinship Care Guide for Wales
30.10.14 Parents' Week Conference 2014
18.12.11 If it wasn't for you Gran....