The Disabled Children Policy Group
The Disabled Children Policy Group aims to influence public policy and scrutinise legislation in Wales in the interests of disabled children and young people. The group, which meets four time a year, was established in 2005. Its Terms of Reference are:
- To liaise with politicians and officers of the National Assembly for Wales and the Welsh Government to raise awareness of the specific needs and issues relevant to disabled children, young people and their families
- To work with the Welsh Government on the development and implementation of policy relating to disabled children and their families though membership of working groups and by responding to consultations.
- To work with the Welsh Government on the development and implementation of policy relevant to all children highlighting the impact or possible impact on disabled children and their families.
- To influence and monitor the implementation of policies and other flagship initiatives
- To scrutinise legislation developed in Westminster which will impact on Wales.
- To disseminate relevant research and information.
- To identify areas of common concern and agreement on the best ways of taking action.
- To promote and support inter-agency cooperation and collaboration
- To work collaboratively in areas of mutual interest at a national level
- To develop mechanisms for consultation and participation with other groups and networks
- To effectively engage with children and young people on specific issues, to enable them to present their views and opinions.
Membership of the group is closed. It is made up of organisations who work with disabled children and their families, and who work on a Wales-wide basis. This includes disability specific organisations and generic children’s organisations who work with disabled children.
For more information about the Disabled Children Policy Group please contact: Cath Lewis, Development Officer (Disabled Children), tel: 029 20342434, e-mail: email@example.com
There are no upcoming events relating to this subject.