- This event has passed.
Understanding Participation Workshops
16.03.15 12:15 am
16.03.15 3:30 pm
Children in Wales
A half day workshop
This 3 hour workshop is aimed at anyone working with children, young people and families who would like to improve their understanding and skills in enabling participation.
The course will enable learners to:
- Define Children and Young People’s Participation and how it relates to Children’s Rights under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Understand the impact and benefits of young people’s participation
- Identify existing participation structures for children and young people in Wales
- Explore the significance of the participation standards and their application in practice
- Identify possible barriers and challenges to young people’s participation and solutions to these
- Understand different models and methods of participation
This course is also offered as in-house training, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Cancellations can only be accepted in writing. Cancellations received three weeks before the date of the event will be refunded in full, less a £10 administration fee. No refunds can be made after this date, although substitutions can be made. Children in Wales reserves the right to alter event programmes at any time.