Eurochild – a European network of organisations promoting the rights and welfare of children in Europe – takes the opportunity of its 8th annual conference to look at how family support impacts on children’s well-being and outcomes. We will focus on supporting the most vulnerable families and children from an empowerment perspective. The UNCRC principles underpin this conference, which is co-hosted by Children in Wales, a founder member of Eurochild.
Child poverty prevents children and young people from achieving their full potential and autonomy, and affects their health, their personal development, their education and their general well-being. Child poverty is often passed from one generation to the next, at huge cost to society due to lost social and human capital. Eurochild believes that supporting and strengthening families most in need is crucial for tackling child poverty and breaking the intergenerational transmission of disadvantage.
This conference will have five overarching objectives:
· Sharing best practice from across the UK & Europe in integrated family support services
· Gaining knowledge & understanding on how family support impacts on children’s well being and outcomes and is underpinned by the UNCRC
· Ensuring the voices of children & parents who have benefitted from support services are heard and listened to.
· Strengthening collaboration & exchange among, policy makers, practitioners and researchers in children’s rights & well-being across Europe
· Providing inputs to EU policy debates on fighting child poverty, promoting children’s rights & well-being, and on supporting & strengthening families
Please check our website www.eurochild.org regularly for updates.
Head Office: 25 Windsor Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BZ, Tel: (029) 2034 2434, Fax: (029) 2034 3134
North Wales Office: Victoria Dock, Caernarfon, LL55 1TH, Tel: (01286) 677570
Registered charity 1020313Company limited by guarantee 2805996